Monday, April 18, 2011

Shaping Marshmallows

When the weather gets so windy that kids are blowing away, we look to indoor activities!! Marshmallows were just the right kind of thing to take a 3 year olds mind off of the water table! I decided we would work with shapes, toothpicks and marshmallows! Roman thought this would be a GREAT IDEA! (well he ate 6 of them first! haha)
 First we played! He wanted to build houses and have a town! That plan was short lived, when he started just adding to his first house.
He was having so much fun, that I decided to sneak a shape worksheet on, to see if it would go noticed. At first he built on it and then moved it aside, but before long, he was looking at it and ready to start making the shapes that he saw!
As he made them, I would point to the name and say it out loud. He thought some of the names were funny and was laughing more than building at some points. He would repeat them after I said them and he was learning, because he would say Octagon, Stop Sign! So he was slowly getting it and at this point more building of shapes than eating was happening! haha! All in all a successful little project!

Here is the worksheet I used, in case you would like to try it! It's perfect for using in other activities too, not just marshmallows! I love materials that can be used multiple times!!! Share some of your shape projects!


~Michelle!~

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Ourfamilyworld said...

Michelle,
You amaze me each week. You are an artist. I love the marsmallow ideas but I am afraid I can eat them all in few minutes...LOL

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you ladies!!! I did nibble on them too!! hahaha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...