Thursday, April 14, 2011

For the Birds!


My youngest and I read books about birds and then we took our binoculars outside and watched for some as we lay on our backs and stared in the sky! We wondered what it would be like to fly and where we would go, Disney World (me!) and McDonald's (him!). We marveled at all the colors that could be found on birds and even visited a pet shop to look at birds that could be kept as pets! Upon coming home we started our craft of the day!

We dug around in our bucket of CAPS, CAPS, CAPS and found one that belonged to a trail mix bucket and we were ready to roll! We were going to make a bird feeder! We waited until the big kids got home from school, so that all could be involved in putting in the seed and hanging it up!  Let's hope we get some birds!

Share a link to your homemade bird feeders in the comment section please!!

I'm Blog Hopping Today!

4 comments:

Mary said...

This is such a cute idea! What a great project :)

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you!!

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

I love this! I'm definitely adding this one to my list of things to make.

rachelle | tinkerlab said...

Hi Michelle! I love the repurposed bottle cap. Here's our bird feeder (or, sadly, squirrel feeder). http://tinkerlab.com/2011/04/two-creative-outdoor-activities

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...