Friday, April 29, 2011

Virtual Vacation Update!

As you all know from my previous post, we are off on a trip around the World this Summer! Alright, it's a virtual vacation, but we are excited none-the-less! I have had 8 people message me and want to join us on our trip! How fun!! I've even sold 6 of the above kits to help others join our trip! I wanted to update everyone on what we have been getting ready, since take off is a little over a month away!!
Our Itinerary is ready and posted! The kids have been asking so many questions and keep looking through our 'suitcase' of stuff!!
 
I have also purchased this book as a guide to some of our stops! I have been on the internet and the library like crazy, readying myself for all that is to come. Every single time I stop in a charity shop, my eyes are open for maps or guidebooks that will help in some way or another!
The 2 Japan for Kids and Kids Trips in Tokyo books came from a charity shop for .59 each! The Geo Cards are awesome reference cards that I found at Barnes and Noble.
I found these fantastic post cards at Michaels for .98! I love that they are plain on 1 side and will allow the kids to design them from each Country we are in and then they can send them to family members! They are really excited about this part!!

At the moment, the plan is to post on Monday with:
1. Country we are landing in
2. Craft we will make that week
3. Sights we will see
4. Recipe of what we will cook
5. Other activities we will do while in that Country
6. Links to any print outs you may need (for example: Orient Express train ticket)
7. Photos from the previous week of things that we did and any other notes!

Please feel free to link up your blog if you are joining us!!

Virtual Vacation Post (Original Post)
Virtual Vacation Update 1 
Virtual Vacation Update 2
Virtual Vacation Update 3 (not yet posted)


~Michelle!~

8 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fantastic idea! I can't wait to read all about your trip.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you so much!!!

LBB said...

This sound like so much fun! Looking forward to it :)

Unknown said...

Oh man, how cool!! I'm off to click all your links!

Unknown said...

Oh how GREAT! I just had to come back to say I checked out your links and it sounds like something I'd love to join in with! :)

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you so much!!! Look forward to having you join us!!

Marisa Hopkins said...

Oh how GREAT! I just had to come back to say I checked out your links and it sounds like something I'd love to join in with! :)

Mama Pea Pod said...

This is so fun, I'm excited to hear the updates! What wonderful accessories you've found too - I so wish we had Michael's here!

Thanks for your comments over at MPP. I'm thinking I might start collecting a page here and there from Princess Pea's writings and put them together into an album to show her writing progression over the years. Like a portfolio.

Bon voyage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...