Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Color Matching

I'm sure by now, you know that I love buttons and I try to use them in as many crafts as I can! Today's simple game was made up from another border, that I cup up and put on a ring. This is the perfect on the go activity that I can keep in our Busy Bag and just toss one in my purse too! I have a small little bag on the ring that holds 1 button in each color that matches the cards and all he has to do is match them up!!

It's a simple activity that still manages to entertain all the kids when we are desperate, because my 5 year old can practice his spelling of the colors, while my 6 year old plays 'teacher' and has the boys do the spelling and matching work.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I, too, love buttons. My daughter, when she was young, was very into the American Girls. Our homeschool group did a literature series once. We found out that collecting buttons and making them into necklaces was a Victorian girls favorite past-time. And they were used sort of like tokens of friendship. Just thought I would share a little tidbit! :) Cheers!

Unknown said...

I am loving your blog!! Thanks for the comment on mine earlier today, I'm now a new follower here. I can't wait to read through your genius ideas and use them for my little ones :)

Madeline said...

Thanks for joining in on The Tuesday Fun Hop!

The Professionally Insane M

danielle said...

Oh Myyyyyy...I LOVE it! So clever...cutting up a border! I am all about cheating! ;)

Thanks for visiting me...

...danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...