Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty and Easy Sand Box on the Go!

 Roman and I were dying to get out and play in this perfect weather, yet it was too chilly to be at the water table and I didn't want to start on the garden without the big kids there. We put our thinking caps on while sitting on the grass waiting for Gabriel to get out of school and came up with a fantastic idea, SAND!!
 Let's backtrack and talk about the big sandbox that the kids could fit in from last year (Step2) it was nice and luxurious, but the kids were always all sandy when they came in and it was a pain when they wanted to play quick and we had places to go. I wanted something EASY and Portable that could come with us when we went to grandparents homes and other visits where they get bored or antsy after 10 minutes of sitting there staring at eachother!
First, I had a large under bed storage container that was just sitting around empty. (Sal got it at the Salvation Army when he went and donated items, a man asked if he wanted to trade bins with him! haha) Next, a trip to Menards got us 2 bags of sand and random pieces that I found while strolling up and down the aisles! (toys can be made from ANYTHING!!) Finally I poured in the sand and tossed in the toys and we were ready to party!! I like this, because we can only use 1 half if that's all we want to play in OR the entire lid comes off! It's also on the wheels to make it easier for the kids to wheel around the back patio if they want to move it out of the way.

3 comments:

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

I love this idea. How clever and easy to do.
Thank you so much by the way for visiting and commenting on my blog. Always happy to meet new readers.
https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Thank you very much for dropping by!

Kath said...

I love this idea! genius. thanks for visiting the dragons fairy tail. I'm a new follower for your blog now and excited to see many more posts.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...